When I design a web site, I incorporate artistic sense, ease of navigation and compatibility with multiple web browsers. I do not copyright any web site design - once it is finished, it belongs to the client.
- I charge an hourly rate of $60.00 per hour for web design, including consultations (initial inquiry is FREE!and up to an hour long), design time and revisions.
- I will estimate the design time and require an up-front payment of half the estimate in order to schedule design of the web site.
- I will work up to 2 hours past the time estimated. At that point the client will have to approve the work progress and agree to any further charges should there be any.
- The design time for a typical 5 page web site takes 10 - 15 hours. Additional pages typically take 30 - 90 minutes each to construct.
- I charge the same hourly rate for any images that have to be created. These will be discussed prior to the estimate.
- The site will be put up on the web after final approval by the client and the balance is paid in full.
Design time is minimized when the client:
- Provides comprehensive design materials in an organized fashion. i.e., images are supplied in .bmp, .jpg, .tif, or .gif formats. Scanning charges (if any) will be discussed prior to beginning design work.
- Provides text or copy for the web site in digital format. The ability to cut & paste eliminates the need to type text on to pages.
The design may take longer if the client:
- Desires complicated elements like slide shows, hover buttons, virtual tours, printable pages, etc.
- Wants me to work with third party designers or consultants.
- Does not provide me with design expectations such as colors, logo, or layout before we begin work, or if the client changes their minds frequently.
- Please provide me with information to create your web site. This usually includes: a brochure or comparable text describing your establishment, pictures, logos, quotations or testimonials, room descriptions and rates, policies, and any additional information you would like to include. If you have specific design elements and/or color schemes in mind, please include those. If you would like to email materials, please send them to - email@example.com
- As mentioned above, digital images provided must be in the following formats - .bmp, .jpg, .tif, .gif, .psd, .ai or .eps. The preferred format for sending test is in a text document (via email, html, Microsoft Word or a general text editor such as Notepad.)
- Any inoperative portion of a site I build is corrected free of charge. If errors occur from server-side they are subject to charge.
- I will place an unobtrusive link at the bottom of your site saying "Site Design by Larry Sturgis."